“When I finished my novel, I sent it to friends who are writers and editors. Many had suggestions. Some were quite good.
Roccie Hill’s were all great.”
— Jesse Kornbluth, editor, HeadButler.com
Jesse Kornbluth is a New York-based journalist and contributing editor for Vanity Fair and New York, and a contributor to The New Yorker, The New York Times, Huffington Post, etc.
His books include Highly Confident: The Crime and Punishment of Michael Milken; Airborne: The Triumph and Struggle of Michael Jordan; and Pre-Pop Warhol.
All professional writers realize that they need editors, and as a seasoned writer of fiction, non-fiction, marketing, and business communication, I offer editorial services to a select number of clients.
Great writing does not always result in a marketable or polished manuscript!
- when you are hesitant about the book you have written
- when you feel that your critique group doesn’t understand your goals
- when you wish you had paid more attention in your high school English classes
- when spell check does not catch every error in your manuscript
- when you have a brilliant idea but are not sure what to do next
- when you are self-publishing and want a professional to help you create the very best final draft
I can help you in the same way I have helped dozens of other writers for over twenty years.
- manuscript editing and polishing
- developmental editing
- plot analysis
- character development/dialogue
- line editing
- overall evaluations of full and partial manuscripts, including individual chapters, plot outlines, short stories, nonfiction chapters, and business proposals
Whether your project is long or short, I am available to shepherd you through its creation.
- Master of Arts degree in English and Creative Writing (fiction specialization)
- Lecturer and workshop leader in Creative Writing at the adult division of the American College (now University) in Paris
- Published author, both magazine and novel formats
- Over 25 years as advertising and marketing copywriter
- Member of Palm Springs Writers Guild and Left Coast Writers
In my years of working with writing clients, each has a different level of skill and need. My goal is to fit into that comfortably for you, whether it be proofreading or a combination of book shepherding and editing. Please write with your phone number or email address for our initial consultation, free of charge. At that point, we will set our agreement in an hourly fee, project based, or retainer format, as per your preference.